Sunday, 5 January 2014

Love EVERY Body #2...from the neck up! Yikes!

This post is an assignment for part of the Love EVERY Body positivity workshop group I have joined.
Ummmm, this could be short! What do I like about me from the neck up???? Ummm, ummm, *tumbleweed* lol!!!!


(left pic) I took this picture first thing in the morning recently when I had just dragged myself out of bed. NO makeup or grooming...I've been quite stressed recently as had to find a house just before Christmas as my landlord wants this one back...so heaps to get sorted and not sleeping well yada yada. I look old, washed out and just completely...blaaaaahhhh!!!!! I have NOTHING good to say about this at the minute, zilch. zero!!!! Once I have moved, and settled in and start sleeping again, I may take another, and have something positive to say!

(right pic) What I'd rather look like all the time is this, minus the duck pout lol! But this pic is very fake and I am not the kind of person who has the patience to sit and spend hours and hours on doing make up just so! When I do make an effort, I normally look more like this, (pic below) isn't it amazing what a bit of slap can do!!!! I like my eyes, and that's about it, even though they are getting a bit wrinkly now. I'm old, it's allowed ;-)!:

Oooookay! Apart from looks,  I guess I like that I can pick things up really easily with this old brain of mine! I may be starting to get a bit forgetful in my middle age, and I do the odd random dipshit stupid things from time to time, but the grey cells mostly still work fine. In the past I was guilty of hiding my cleverness and dumbing down, since I got isolated at school because of it - oh Rhonda got an A again, Rhonda got top of the class - even one teacher excluded me from doing the weekly spelling tests at primary school because I won too many times - she said it wasn't fair on others!!! 
 I learned that people didn't like clever folk too much at times, so started to hide it from others. The thing is I never really worked that hard and just kinda cruised through, and folk particularly don't like that when they work really hard at stuff and don't do so well. I have an MA Honours degree as well as a Postgraduate degree, but I don't tell many folk, until I really get to know them. It shouldn't matter. I don't care whether someone has left school with no qualifications or whatever, it is the person who counts - are they nice, are they an asshole? - but it does seem to matter to a lot of people and it shouldn't. But yeah, I have academic smarts, even if I don't have bloke and street smarts lol!!!  

Looking forward to seeing what others doing this challenge have to say!




6 comments:

  1. I think you look glowing in the no make-up early morning photo, you have a lovely face shape and a lovely smile. Your skin is fab and your eyes are very pretty.

    Well done you on being academic smart too! Don't hide it, be proud, women are underestimated as "Not very clever" all the time, well you obviously are, so show people. If people don't like it it's because they're jealous, let them be, you've worked hard to get the qualifications now flaunt them ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skin is amazing Rhonda and you look fabulous with or without make up. When I met you at Lisa's wedding I was struck by your lust for life and sense of fun. I wish I'd gone further in education so don't hide your qualifications - anyone who's daunted by them is a bit of a prat really! I think a lot of men want a thick subservient woman so they feel really clever in comparison, but one day you'll find someone who loves your intelligence and celebrates it. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your intelligence is something that's very obvious in meeting and talking to you Rhonda, but maybe it all depends what people are concentrating on whilst talking to you. Like Leah, the one thing I've always loved about you is your Lust for Life and fun. You have the energy and fun factor of a teenager. I wish I had that! I take life a bit too seriously at times, but despite what life throws at you, you're out there living life, like we're all meant to.

    You have awesome, individual style, a very enviable slim figure and a impish cute face. I don't know why you don't like anything about it. You are extremely pretty. You are an awesome catch and I don't understand AT ALL why you don't have men queued up at the door trying to win your heart. Probably because most guys would think they didn't stand a chance.

    The only reason some people don't like academic smarts is because they're jealous, simple as. I would have loved to have gone to university and I got the grades to do so, but I didn't due to my mums wishes, so celebrate your accomplishments. Some selfish, insular people may be disrespectful about them because they wish they had them, but on the other hand, some people may think you're awesome and wish they were more like you, for exactly the same reason xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be proud of being such an intelligent woman! Also, your skin is flawless and your eyes are gorgeous. I think you have plenty to be proud of. I hope that all of us will be able to become a little more comfortable in our own skin as we continue this workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda, your morning picture is fabulous. Your skin looks amazing! So clear and fresh. Your face looks beautiful with and without make up.

    Beauty is more than just how we look, the fact you have an amazing intelligence is an amazing feature. I had the same thing at school... bring relatively clever meant getting shot down a few times. But now, speaking your mind, believeing in your answers makes you an awesome woman. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with others here. Your skin in the morning are glowing. You look so happy too. :) I know how it feels about the degree thing. I have a masters degree in political science, but I don't really tell that to people I meet as I don't want to be looked upon as someone that boasts. Stupid I guess, but I kind of like using it if someone underestimate me, that is great fun! :) You should be proud of your brain and your looks!

    ReplyDelete